Sunday, November 14, 2010

serious pie = seriously good

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and she wanted to go to Serious Pie.  My sister and I took her there last year and she hasn't stopped talking about it since.  As it was her birthday and her choice of restaurants, the only thing we could say was YES PLEASE!

Serious Pie is a Tom Douglas restaurant.  It's a small spot right around the corner from Dahlia Lounge.  Eight seat pub tables provide communal dining camaraderie (and allows you to check out what your neighbors are eating).  The place is toasty from the pizza ovens and there is always a line.  You can leave your mobile number and they'll give you a call, but your party must be there before you will be seated.

We shared three pizzas; buffalo mozzarella with san marzano tomatoes, yukon gold potato with rosemary and pecorino, and delicata squash with roasted garlic and gorgonzola.  Each one was a winner.

The buffalo mozzarella has a great tangy sauce and softly flavored cheese.  That combined with the slight char of the chewy crust make this rustic pizza one everyone will enjoy.


The yukon potato pizza (above in the background) is a favorite amongst my friends.  The potatoes are sliced supper thin and are soft with crispy edges when you bite down.  This pizza has an olive oil base.  That paired with the potatoes give the pizza a smooth quality. The rosemary and pecorino add a soft punch at the end of each bite.

The last pizza is my favorite- squash and gorgonzola.  The cheese on this pizza is strong. We're talking smelly, pungent, earthy, slap you across the face strong.  And I love every single bite.  That cheese, along with the whole roasted garlic cloves and sweet squash, is something I actually crave.  It is not for everyone, but luckily my sister likes it just as much as I do.


Just looking at the photo is making me salivate.... YUM!  Happy Birthday, Mom!

ciao chow

1 comment:

  1. I always like to observe what my neighbors are eating too. Sounds similar to Apizza Scholls, we'll take you there next time if you're in the mood.

    ReplyDelete